Data Scientist I
This is typically a full-time position in our Analytical Services Department servicing our data warehouse and analytical services clients. The Data Scientist I reports to the Director of BSG Analytics. This position is responsible for analyzing health care cost and utilization data, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and creating data models. This includes understanding health care claims, eligibility and pharmacy data and crafting the models to meet client requirements. The Data Scientist I will also work in concert with team members within the Analytical Services and Data Research and Analytics Departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interact with in-house data management personnel regarding aggregation of data and deployment into QlikView application
and OLAP cubes.
· Independently analyze data from various health care plans and programs (including but not limited to medical, pharmacy, dental,
vision and wellness data).
· Organize, outline, prepare and present reports, executive summaries, data models and/or data analytics-related presentations
(collaborating with the communications team, as necessary).
· Gather requirements, design experiments, test hypotheses and build models for scenarios that are beneficial to clients and impact
vital business processes and decision support.
· Correspond directly with internal and external clients (and vendors, if needed) on all data analytics-related matters, e.g. hypothesis
testing and statistical validation. This includes in-person, e-mail and phone communication.
· Implement appropriate algorithms to discover patterns in data.
· Recommend enhancements to current methods, processes and algorithms.
· Advise co-workers where appropriate on technical and conceptual issues or questions.
· Provide relevant business metrics tied to value propositions that illuminate action items.
· Present and explain conclusions in terms that are easy for the business to consume, understand and apply.
· Four-year college degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Actuarial Science.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
· A minimum of three years employee benefits/health care analytics experience preferred.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· High level of creativity.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Good organizational skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· Detail-oriented and ability to work accurately.
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
· Ability to multi-task and easily adjust to change.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines.
· Highly client/customer focused.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and ability to assimilate to new programs quickly.
· Proficiency in T-SQL, SQL Server, QlikView and/or Python or R.
· Proficiency in data science modeling and applying models to business initiatives – AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning,
Decision Trees, Random Forest, Neural Networks, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Forecasting, Predictive Modeling
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com.
BSG Analytics™, LLC (BSGA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.